Philosophy of life, sikh, sikhi, sikhism

Thursday, February 22, 2007

What is life? [2]

Continued from: What is life? [1]

As part of it, we respect the Nature. The nature of Nature is "giving" by getting what it gets from surrounding. It gives to everyone without any discrimination. It gives equal and of same quality and try to fulfill others' needs. What you get is what you want, not more and not less. So, I look at myself as part of this Nature and try making my attitude and nature according to Nature.

Nature shows me the way I should live, means giving. Give to your surrounding what you can (should) give. I think of myself as a tree, which gives shadow, a safe place for nest, beautiful holes for squirrels to make its home, a power to sand to hold itself, strong but flexible stems for animals to play and joy, beautiful and soft leaves to become food for insects, sweet and sour fruits, fresh air to breathe. All this for cost of nothing. It just gives and tries to stand with its duties no matter what are the circumstances, whether it is a drought, flood or autumn. It just gives, whatever it can, to all.

I see life as a part of nature, part of this cycle, nothing else. I have to reach nowhere, I have to achieve nothing, there is nothing like a 'Aim', it is all about giving. I try to live like that. I just do my duties. I just do what should I do as part of this cycle. This is the meaning of life.

Tajinder Singh
tazmattaz@gmail.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

a mark of enlightenenment

Anonymous said...

Sat Shri Akal,

Truly an enlightened perception.

God bless you brother.

Anonymous said...

Honestly brother this is just fantastic! You really put it into perspective for me..

tazmattaz said...

one comments is at:
http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/by+topic/F0E35A8168F9B27387257295006683D5!OpenDocument

Anonymous said...

Sat Sri Akal
May waheguru continue to bless you with such insights brother. I would encourage you to share your thoughts at sikhnet.com where there are many like minded individuals.

Inderpal Singh said...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Veer asi comapny vich kafi time kathe badthe par tere enne sunee vichara da mainu nahi pata si.

Gift of Giving we have learned from our Guru's only, Starting from Guru Nanak Dev ji, started the Langar ....... Te Guru Gobind Singh Ji, jinna ne appnna Sarbans Vaar ditta.

So Veer carry on.

I just say, All the Best to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Tejinder ..This article sounds good BUT I think you think too much. Dnt think too forwrd. Just Live in Present and you will then guess somthing about LIFE. Why you are going to Future.

Lethal said...

Howdy bro!!

Its Jasmeet/sunny here (Jandu)... I hope you remember me ;-)

This article of yours truly gives a perception of your clear, open, and vivid thinking. A good read and trust me it all makes sense! Keep up the good work and I really hope to see such more stuff coming from you!

Take care Bro and I'll hopefully see you sometime soon when I visit Ldh.

Stay in touch!

Dioscuri said...

Found your blog from ProgU...I like your take on the meaning of life. Very wise and intelligent and thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

it is a very good thinking, enjoin this thinking with -GOD IS THE ONE DOING IT ALL- Desolve the iness into wholeness.

Anonymous said...

tazmattaz,

Mother of all comments waits at;
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general-philosophy/15227-different-but-easy-follow-view-life.html

Anonymous said...

I myself believe that we have a purpose here to unite ourselves with our true essence – our spirit inside us. Gurbani gives us support and direction and purifies our mind. Everything is temporary – so we can only rely on the shabad the waheguru. By meditating on Waheguru during our working hours and remembering Him all the time we will see the truth behind everything. The only thing that is true and will always remain is God. He is our true mother and father, our husband and friend. All success, business, children, houses, wealth and enjoyments are but transistory and will cause us much pain if we see them as real. When we understand that they are temporary then we don't get attached to them – we accept things as they are and we live in Hukham. All is about Prem for God and his children.